Our quality fuels are the energy behind your journey
It’s the expertise we put into our fuels that makes the difference
For more than 130 years, ExxonMobil has been committed to developing quality fuel products to get Americans where they need to go. Today, we continue to lead the way – putting our energy and expertise into engineering gasoline and diesel fuel products that meet the performance needs of your vehicle.
Did you know?
ExxonMobil is one of the few oil and gas companies that maintains an active research organization dedicated to keeping the gasoline that goes into your vehicle in step with the latest technology. We focus on technology and innovation, so you can focus on everything else.
Stringent quality controls are in place at every step
- At the refinery, where crude oil is refined into gasoline, diesel and other petroleum products, ExxonMobil conducts tests to verify that our fuel meets or exceeds engine builder and industry specifications
- We test the fuel again as it enters the pipeline or barge for delivery to the terminal
- At the terminal, our additives are precisely injected as each delivery truck is filled, ensuring the quality of our fuel
- At Exxon- and Mobil-branded service stations, delivery drivers and retailers are instructed to check the fuel once more to ensure that it hasn't become contaminated with water
- As well, fuel dispensers at the stations have filters to provide a final cleaning just before the fuel enters your vehicle’s tank
Our fuels adhere to applicable government standards
After our fuels have been delivered to Exxon- and Mobil-branded service stations, we regularly survey them to confirm that they contain the proper type and amount of our detergent additives, and that they meet applicable federal, state and locally specified standards.
Your local Exxon and Mobil stations offer several different types of quality fuel for your car. Learn about our premium gasoline, unleaded gasoline, and diesel fuel and see which is the best choice for your vehicle.Learn about our products
Tips to help you on your way
Explore our list of tips to help you be more fuel efficient and get more out of every journey.
Removing 100 pounds of stuff from your trunk could increase fuel efficiency by 2%.†
See more driving habit tips
Share the ride
Carpooling means fewer cars on the road, which helps to reduce traffic congestion and fuel consumption. And you can share the cost of fuel too.†
See more smart choices
Keep take-out food warm
Turn your seat heater on to keep take-out food warm. To keep pizza toppings from shifting on the drive home, slide a bottle of water under the box to keep it level.
See more tips for your journey
Checking and adjusting the pressure of your tires once a month can increase a car’s fuel efficiency by up to 3%.†
See more car maintenance tips
Learn about how Exxon and Mobil fuels work
Take a closer look at how your engine turns energy into motion.
†The data has been sourced from the U.S. Department of Energy.